Plaza Dental Care

Frequently Asked Questions: Dental Implants

How can we help you?

We are happy to answer questions about our services and procedures. We believe patient education is crucial so that you can make the best decisions about your oral health and dental care. Because there are some questions that are common among our patients, we have included some of them below. But if your question isn't answered here, we invite you to give us a call. One of our friendly team members will be happy to help.

Dental Implants

Illustration of dental implantThe ideal dental implant candidate is healthy and has adequate bone in their jaw to support dental implants. Good gum health is also essential. The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants is to schedule a booking with Dr Narelle Van Velzen at our Modbury, SA dental surgery. She will conduct a thorough examination to determine the current state of your jawbone.

Missing Tooth Replacement Option

Dental implants are an option to replace one missing tooth—or they can replace a mouth full of missing teeth. Another option is to use dental implants to secure dentures into place.

Dental Implant Procedure in Modbury

Made of titanium, which is a biocompatible metal, dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone to take the place of the missing tooth root. After the healing process takes place, the implants become a permanent part of the jawbone through a process called ‘osseointegration.’ When the implants are healed, a dental crown is placed to finish the prosthetic tooth.

Dental implants are widely considered the best tooth restoration available because they so closely mimic the natural tooth in terms of form and function. Unlike with dentures, there are no food restrictions with dental implants because they become a permanent part of the jawbone.

Not finding what you need?
Disclaimer: The information throughout this site is not intended to be taken as medical advice.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.