At Plaza Dental Care, we strive to make each patient feel comfortable and relaxed before treatment, including dental cleans.
To preserve a patient’s best individual level of oral health, we recommend patients of all ages get regular dental cleans and exams. Usually, we suggest that patients visit our dental clinic every six months unless your dentist recommends otherwise.
What to Expect During a Dental Cleaning in Modbury
During the dental cleaning, you can expect Dr Narelle Van Velzen or one of our hygienists will do the following:
- Review all medical and oral health records
- Discuss any oral health-related concerns or goals
- Take x-rays and intraoral photographs, if needed, to check for any signs of decay, disease, abnormalities, bone loss, and teeth grinding
- Clean the plaque and tartar from the surfaces of the teeth
- Clean between the teeth to remove plaque and tartar
- Provide a fluoride or sealant treatment, if needed
- Bush and polish teeth to remove any lingering signs of staining
After the dental cleaning, Dr Narelle Van Velzen will review her findings with you and develop a customised treatment plan to help keep your teeth and gums strong, healthy, and functional.
Are You Ready to Book Your Dental Cleaning?
Dr Narelle Van Velzen is a compassionate and skilled family dentist who enjoys helping patients maintain their optimal oral health. If you need a dental cleaning or exam, we invite you to arrange your dental check-up with us at our Modbury dental clinic.
We look forward to welcoming you to Plaza Dental Care!