Veneers can cover up many smile flaws. If you are not satisfied with the appearance of your smile, contact us to learn more about the transformations we can customise for you.
Porcelain Veneers Adelaide
Are you happy with the state of your oral health—but you are still not satisfied with the appearance of your smile? Having a smile you hide, or don’t show as often as you could, might take a toll on your self-confidence. It might even keep you from doing the things you would like, both socially and professionally.
You deserve a smile you love to show the world, which is one of the reasons our Modbury, SA dental clinic offers dental veneers. Veneers are a versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment that solves a variety of unappealing issues with your teeth.
We invite you to book a consult with our cosmetic dentist, Dr Narelle Van Velzen. She can talk to you about how veneers might be able to transform your smile. Many of our Modbury, SA dental patients have discovered that you don’t have to be famous to have celebrity teeth.
Porcelain Veneers Process in Modbury
The first step in the process is to schedule a booking with Dr Van Velzen to talk about the goals you have for your smile. Once your smile design is completed, you can expect two dental appointments to create your new smile.
At the first appointment, Dr Van Velzen will carefully prepare your teeth to receive the veneers by gently removing a thin layer of enamel. This will ensure a proper fit for the veneers and will also ensure your teeth don’t take on a too-thick look once the veneers are in place. She will take moulds of the prepared teeth to send to the lab for fabrication. While you wait for your permanent veneers, she will place a durable set of temporary type of veneers you can wear.
Once your veneers are back from the lab, you’ll return for final placement. She will make any necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable bite before attaching them permanently into place.
What does cosmetic dental treatment include?
Some of the cosmetic dental procedures we provide include:
- Professional teeth whitening — With our in-office or take-home kits, your teeth can be noticeably whiter and brighter. This is a quick, affordable way to dramatically change the look of your smile.
- Dental bonding —We can fix an existing tooth that is chipped, cracked, or otherwise damaged with dental bonding.
- Dental implants — Missing teeth mean your smile isn’t as attractive or as functional as it could be. Filling in the gaps with a dental implant restores your beautiful smile and protects the health of your remaining teeth.
- Reshaping and contouring — When teeth are too long or too short, our team can reshape the gums to provide you with a more aesthetic look.
- Porcelain Veneers — Porcelain veneers can help you fix chipped, worn, & gapped teeth. Find out more here.
We use only top-quality products that are as durable as they are beautiful. They enable us to closely match your natural teeth so you have a seamless, celebrity-calibre smile that you can enjoy for many years.
Issues dental veneers might be able to fix
Dental veneers offer versatility like no other cosmetic dentistry procedure because they can conceal so many different dental issues. If you are unhappy about any of the following, veneers might be right for you:
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Crooked, crowded or gapped teeth
- Discoloured, yellow or stained teeth
- Smiles that reveal too much gum
- Teeth with size discrepancies
- Uneven or misshapen teeth
Caring for your Veneers
Once your veneers have been placed, you can simply care for your teeth as you always have: brush and floss twice a day to keep gums healthy. Use common sense and avoid chewing on hard sweets or items that are not food and using your teeth as a tool.
Be sure to continue visiting your Modbury, SA dental clinic every six months for check-ups and cleans. Dr Van Velzen will also check the integrity of your veneers at each appointment. With proper care, your veneers can last ten years or even longer.
If you are a teeth grinder, Dr Van Velzen may recommend you wear a nightguard while you sleep to protect your veneers as well as your teeth.