Our most modern tooth replacement option. With dental implants for tooth replacement, our patients report that they can chew and speak much like they did with their natural teeth. You are in good hands at Plaza Dental Care.
Dental implants in Modbury, SA
If you miss one or more teeth, you might feel self-conscious about smiling. Eating and speaking might also be challenging. These are issues that can impact your quality of life on a daily basis and affect your oral hygiene. This is where dental implants in Adelaide and related services come to help you.
Did you know that not replacing missing teeth could also be putting your healthy teeth at risk? When there is a gap in your smile, your remaining teeth tend to shift to fill in the space. Over time, this can impact your bite and cause undue wear on your teeth. It can also lead to more tooth loss.
Whether it be one tooth or the whole set, considering a dental implant is the first step to ensuring quality oral hygiene.
We offer dental implants as a tooth replacement option at our Modbury SA dental clinic that is most like your natural teeth. We invite you to book a consult to learn more.
What are dental implants – replacement teeth?
Tooth implants are a simple and easy way to replace missing or problem teeth to improve your smile and to help overall how your teeth function.
Made from titanium, which is an extremely biocompatible material—meaning the body is unlikely to reject it — a dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into the jawbone where a tooth is missing. After a period of healing, which is usually anywhere from four to six months, the implant is permanently integrated into the bone. At that point, we can add a dental crown, a fixed bridge or a full set of dentures to complete the smile, depending on how many teeth are missing.
The dental implant procedure in Modbury
Generally speaking, the dental implant placement process is well-tolerated by our patients, and most people are surprised at how quickly they recover from the procedure.
Advantages of dental implants
Dental implants as a tooth replacement option provide our patients with many advantages:
- They can withstand biting pressure better than dentures.
- Often people develop hollowed or collapsed cheeks when they have missing teeth. This sunken-in look is also known as facial collapse. It happens because the body no longer provides nutrients to the area, and the jawbone begins to shrink.
- They provide a level of comfort that is often greater than alternative treatment because they do not slip or move as do dentures.
- Caring for dental implants is just as easy as caring for your natural teeth, and no special products are required. You can brush and floss just as you normally would.
- There are no food restrictions with dental implants, so you can enjoy all of your favourites.
- You will not need to make adjustments to your dental implants as you would with dentures.
- Durable dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
To find out whether dental implants are the best treatment option for you, ring Plaza Dental Care at (08) 8264 7333 and organise a booking.
We look forward to restoring your smile.