With the recent news and public impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), our dental team wanted to share some of the protocols we have in place to protect your health and wellness at your dental visit. As part of your health care team, we are monitoring changes and updated guidelines set forth by the Australian Department of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) in our practice, interactions, and work environment to ensure patient and team safety. Since information is updated regularly, we recommend checking the latest recommendations. Your number one line of safety is an educated and dedicated dental team. We have met with our entire staff to discuss protocols for keeping ourselves and patients safe, including symptoms to look for and what to do in the event of exposure.
Sterilisation and Pathogen Control
- Our dental clinic always maintains the highest cleanliness standards and sterilisation protocols using ADA-approved disinfectants and/or the barrier method to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- We use medical-grade disinfectants and cleaners shown to eliminate bacteria and viruses.
- All instruments are sterilised using ADA-approved methods between each patient. Instrument carriers are equipped with indicators that show they have reached the proper temperature during the process.
- Many of our instruments and supplies are designed for single use. Once used, they are immediately disposed of safely.
- Sterilisation equipment is maintained and certified regularly.
- Common areas like reception desks and consultation areas are all regularly cleaned and sterilised to prevent disease spread outside of the treatment room.
- We have safety protocols in place in the event that our patients or dental team are exposed to coronavirus.
How Coronavirus Impacts Your Dental Appointment
Please contact us right away if any of the following conditions apply:
- You have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms.
- You have had contact with anyone who has been exposed to the coronavirus.
We Welcome Your Call to Our Modbury Clinic
We are happy to rearrange bookings for patients who feel unwell or suspect they may have COVID-19. If you have any questions or concerns about coronavirus, the action we are taking, or if you should come in for your dental appointment, we welcome you to call our clinic.