How can we help you?
We are happy to answer questions about our services and procedures. We believe patient education is crucial so that you can make the best decisions about your oral health and dental care. Because there are some questions that are common among our patients, we have included some of them below. But if your question isn't answered here, we invite you to give us a call. One of our friendly team members will be happy to help.
Crowns and Bridges
Dental crowns are a common treatment at our Modbury, SA dental clinic. The dental restorations are also called tooth ‘caps’ because of the way they snugly fit over the structure of the tooth. In many cases, a dental crown can restore a tooth that might otherwise need to be extracted because of damage.
Common Reasons for Dental Crowns
The main reasons people need dental crowns include:
- When tooth cavities are present that are too big to restore with a filling, a dental crown can save the tooth.
- A tooth that is fractured because of an old filling and not enough of the tooth remains to replace the filling benefits from a cap, which will save the tooth.
- After a root canal, most dentists will recommend a dental crown because the remaining tooth tends to be brittle with the living tissue removed from the tooth root.
- Dental crowns are used to hold a dental bridge in place.
- For cosmetic reasons, such as to cover up a misshapen tooth or a tooth that is discoloured and resistant to teeth whitening.
Natural-Looking Dental Crowns in Modbury
Dental crowns are made to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the teeth in your mouth, so no one will be able to tell you even have a crown.